Sunday, January 20, 2013

How Do You Invite Those You Love?

  
  Unless I have my spiritual wires crossed, this fall I plan on going through Alien Love with the people that God places on my heart.  For anyone who has already went through the study, if they remain with me, they will be playing a vital role in it as well.

   I have spent a lot of time lately thinking about the kinds of conversations I need to be having with the people in my life, whether they be believers, non-believers, family or coworkers.  I have also done a lot of thinking as to how I would go about inviting loved ones to take the journey with me.

   I know that you might go about it much differently if you were in my shoes, but here is a sample of what has been on my heart as I consider inviting the people on my heart.


  
 
 
 
Dear Fellow Christian, 

 

  It’s a privilege to share a common faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and I trust that you are allowing Him to continue to mould and to make you more and more like Himself.  I hope you desire the same for me.  I’m writing today to invite you to be a part of something that I am very passionate about .

   Beginning this September, I plan to lead a study group through my book, Alien Love.  I think very highly of you, so I thought that you might be interested.  We will be meeting once a month for 10 months.  If you are interested and if you think you would have the time, I hope you will consider attending our first gathering, just to try it out.

  We will be kicking off the study on September 15th.  If you’re interested, please let me know by August 3rd.  If I don’t hear from you, I will assume that you aren’t interested, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts either way.

   Have a great day!

 

  In Christ, Love

 

Kevin
 
 
 
Dear Non-believer,
  Kevin here.   I’m writing to you today to invite you to be a part of something that I am very passionate about.  As you know, I’m one of “those” Christians; the kind that thinks forever lasts a very long time.  And because it lasts a very long time, I am convinced that whatever happens to us there, is far more important than what happens in our brief time here.  I also believe, that in forever, there is One God, and Jesus is the way to be made right with Him.
   Beginning this September, I plan to lead a study group through my book, Alien Love.  I understand if it doesn’t interest you, but please know that I’m not inviting you because I want to force it on you.  I’m inviting you because I love you, and would enjoy nothing more than for you to be my brother in Christ.   
  We will be kicking off the study on September 15th.  If you’re interested, please let me know by August 3rd.  If I don’t hear from you, I will assume that you aren’t interested, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts either way.
   Have a great day!
   In Christ, Love
 
Kevin
 
 
Dear Family Member,
  Kevin here.   I’m writing to you today to invite you to be a part of something that I am very passionate about.  As you know, I’m one of “those” Christians; the kind that thinks forever lasts a very long time.  And because it lasts a very long time, I am convinced that whatever happens to us there, is far more important than what happens in our brief time here.  I also believe, that in forever, there is One God, and Jesus is the way to be made right with Him.
  You also know that I am quite active in my church.  At times, I feel like I give more of myself to my church family than I do to you, and in doing so, somehow neglect you.  I often wish that my life there were not separate from my life with you.  Perhaps you hope the same.  If so, maybe there is a way to remedy the situation.
   Beginning this September, I plan to lead a study group through my book, Alien Love.  I understand if it doesn’t interest you, but please know that I’m not inviting you because I want to force it on you.  I’m inviting you because I love you, and would enjoy nothing more than for you to walk with, me as I walk with Christ.  
  We will be kicking off the study on September 15th.  If you’re interested, please let me know by August 3rd.  If I don’t hear from you, I will assume that you aren’t interested, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts either way.
   Have a great day!
   In Christ, Love
 
Kevin

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. These sound great, Kevin. I am of course a complete chicken, so the thought of actually giving them to people in my life is frightening.

    ReplyDelete