Monday, February 13, 2012

Where is Whitney Houston?

I just heard some guy on the radio say that Whitney Houston is in heaven now. I thought we weren’t supposed to judge people. Of course, why would I assume that the radio guy is a believer? I firmly believe that it’s God’s call as to who lives in His presence.

I am also firmly convinced that we as people actually want to be judged. We just want to hear a favorable judgment. We want people to tell us that we’re okay. I have actually gotten into trouble by refusing to judge people. Perhaps the darkest spot in my ministry took place approximately 8 years ago when I told someone, “I don’t know if you’re right with God or not.”

It really isn’t my call. However, the person in question felt that I had condemned them or that I was calling their faith into question.

So if anyone ever asks you whether or not I’m a genuine believer, it’s okay if you tell them you aren’t sure. How do you know what’s really in my heart? Who made you God?

No comments:

Post a Comment