Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dear Punk;



So you’ve been going to church lately. That’s good. I’m happy for you. I really am. I just want to make sure we have an understanding about a few things.

Just so you know, I’ve been here in this workplace for the past 10 years. So if you’re turning into one of those Evangelical types, you need to know that this is my gig. So if anyone gets saved around here, it goes on my tally.

I don’t mind the thoughts of you growing up to be a better mechanic than me someday, but I won’t stand for you to become a better evangelist or a more effective witness for Christ. I’ve worked too hard and for too long to let some punk kid with an earring ruin my Christian monopoly on this place.

I like working with you. I really do. I’m just saying, if you are going to try and win souls to Christ, go find your own gig. So go to your little church, with your own little people, saying your own little prayers. I’ve got dibs on this place. Just do your job and drink your gravy. It’s what you’re good at.

Sincerely,
Kevin

PS. On a serious note- you are in my prayers. I pray that you are finding what you are looking for in the person of Christ. It’s a privilege to know and work with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment