Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Church: Faith

What is my church like? It's filled with incredibly human people. Some of us are serious about being used of God, others just want to enjoy this life and feel good about our standing with Him. Some of us are warm. Some of us are not.

We are a big enough church that you can slip in and out and few people will notice. Which is good if you just want to check it out in secret agent kind of way. The drawback (if you call it that), is that it's large enough that if you actually want to be a part of the family, you'll have to be intentional about finding ways to connect with people there. Sure, we have greeters at the door. They'll smile at you. They'll shake your hand and they really are glad to see you, but they won't know you from Jack the bear.

Overall, I believe in the people in leadership. There are always issues, but I believe that their hearts are normally in the right place.

It took me over a year to find my place, but am glad that I have. I am very thankful for the men and women who walk with me; people who take the initiative to pray for me when they are aware of my needs. I hope that I do the same for them.

Your experience might vary, but if you are looking for a Christian faith family of you own, I'd encourage you to check it out.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment