Sunday, July 8, 2012

Black Vehicles are NOT Harder to Keep Clean

   I think I’ve finally found a new personal cause.  It’s not that my old causes weren’t noble.  I really thought that if I could teach the world the difference between the words, ‘accuse’ and ‘judge’, I would earn a Nobel Prize.  It was a good cause.  I am convinced however, that the task is greater than me.  But this one…this one, I’m sure to accomplish.
   If you live in the land of the shiny automobile, you have likely been part of the conversation where someone has said, “Black vehicles are harder to keep clean.”  I am coming before you today to dispel the myth.  The truth is, black vehicles are not harder to keep clean.  It is harder to keep them looking as if they are clean, but as for their actual cleanliness, there is no difference between a black car, a whit car, a grey car, a blue car, a purple car, a yellow car, a green car, a brown car, orange car or a maroon car.
  I can tell you from experience, because I have owned vehicles of different colours, and they all get dirty.  I was fortunate enough at one time to own a vehicle that was painted the same colour as road salt, but I can assure you, it still got dirty just as readily as the black vehicles I have owned.  They didn’t look dirty, but they truly were just as dirty.
  I’m very sorry if this post challenges you beyond what you are comfortable with.  I hope your conscience will recover.


PS  People can be a lot like cars.  We often care more about being seen as respectable, than actually being righteous throughout.  Check out Matthew 23:27-28.  Personally, I don’t believe that the Pharisees are the only ones who deserve Christ’s accusation.  There’s a little Pharisee in many, if not all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment