Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kill the fattened calf!

A few days ago, my darling little girl came to us with a troubled heart. My wife and I spent some time talking to her and worked with her until we came to the point where we asked her,

“Is there something that you have on your heart that you believe God might be calling you to?”

“I think that God wants me to be baptized.” Was her reply.

It was a gorgeous day at the beach. Each of my older sons wrote a short letter letting her know the ways in which they see the light and life of Christ shining through her. Our youngest son drew her a picture. My wife also composed a wonderful letter, summarizing what a beautiful women of God she is becoming and I spoke a few words about baptism from The Bible.

After following the Lord’s example into the waters of baptism, my wife and I were overjoyed and felt like this was the kind of occasion that deserved to be celebrated. So we told our little girl that she could spend the rest of the day any way that she desired, up to $600.

On the ride home, my sons kept at her,
“You know what I would do if it were MY decision…..”
“Wouldn’t you like to do this….?”

Every few minutes I would check in on her and ask if she had made up her mind. After approximately 2 hours, she reached her verdict:

Take out pizza and a rented movie.

That girl really knows how to live.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Looking fwd to those same things with my girls.

    ReplyDelete