Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Harshest Post Yet?

The whole balance theory has really been staying with me.

There is a certain pop star that died about a year ago. I'm not naming names out of respect for the deceased. This pop star had been accused of committing several sexual offenses against children. At the time of his death, I heard a significant amount of talk in the media and on street level to this effect;

'We shouldn't judge him for the things that he has done. We should remember him for his music and his contribution to our culture'

To be honest, I don't know for sure if the allegations were true. I'm not really speaking about what really went on. I'm speaking on how we as a people come to terms with having a 'balance' between good and evil in our lives

Am I alone? I mean, when a priest or pastor has sexual charges laid against them, I don't hear the same kind of commentary, either in the news or at work. Do you ever hear, 'Well at least he helped a lot of people.'?

I guess it's ok to molest children as long as you make really cool music videos.

Wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter if you are a rock star, truck driver or pastor.

1 comment:

  1. I say Amen to that! There should be no excuse for a person just because of his music or cultural impact. Sin is sin and it doesn't matter who it's coming from.

    ReplyDelete