Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where Women Belong...

If you are a woman who works outside of the home, I have two things to say to you. The first is this – Gotcha. I gave it that title to try and bait you. It worked. The second thing that I want to say is sorry. It was rather slimy of me. If you are a woman who works outside of the home and if I gotcha, please let me know.

This was in my daily reading last night…..

Titus 2:4-5 (New Living Translation)
4 These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, 5 to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God.

It made me think of Rosie’s comments with regards to Kate Gosselin’s stint on Dancing with the Stars this past year.


Rosie was also surprised by the rise of Kate Gosselin, the TLC star who was recently booted from "Dancing with the Stars."

"Kate Gosselin is suddenly a celebrity. She's on 'Dancing with the Stars' with a new face and new teeth and her eight children are at home. I don't know, it's out of control," Rosie said.


It isn’t like Rosie O’Donnell is trying to uphold any traditional conservative Christian values, but don’t you ever notice or find it funny how someone in Rosie’s place would find fault like that? I probably shouldn’t be writing a blog like this. After all. I am a man. It’s bad form. Beyond that, Paul is telling Titus that the women should teach the women. So it would be out of line for me to even pretend to tell women how to be women. But wouldn’t that be fun?

Sure. I know all about the struggles of being a woman. Feel free to gag.

I’m not going to start on an old fashioned tirade on how a woman’s place in the home, but I will say, of all of the Godly women that I know, when I walk into their home, it’s in order. I don’t know how their homes got in order, but they did. Yes, I am thinking of some women who have jobs.

Sorry girls. I won’t bait you again. (Not this week anyway.)

For the record, my wife works more than I do.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you caught me. I am a woman who works outside the home, but I don't have a home of my own yet. My plans are that when I do, I will stay at home. (Will I be sorely punished now?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No punishment from me. If you are to be punished, it has to come from one of the older women in your church family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proverbs 31 describes a woman that feeds and clothes her family by her own hand while her man is a leader in the community. Sadly, I don't know any women like that today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They didn't invent the phrase "isn't that the pot calling the kettle black" for no reason.

    ReplyDelete