Monday, February 21, 2011

Atheists Burn in Hell

I’ve spent way too much of my evening reading celebrity news feeds. Is it me, or do most comment sections eventually turn into a discussion about God? They take on many forms. If a natural disaster is at hand, someone might say that it’s God’s judgment. If there is some freaky asteroid, someone will pipe up saying that the end is near.

This evening, I found myself wrapped up in my personal favorite…..

1. Some guy takes a small shot against born again Christians. (even using the ‘f’ as a descriptor)

2. Christians respond saying that the guy in question is going to hell.
(Always a witty comeback)

3. Non-believers respond complaining that Christians are always threatening everybody with hell.

As a believer, I don’t mind being hated. It’s not that I like it, but if the world rejected Jesus, if I belong to Him, they shouldn’t really fall in love with me. Should they? I don’t personally tell people they are going to hell very often.

What I do often find odd, is when nonbelievers get offended about being warned about hell. I mean, if someone really doesn’t believe in all of this God stuff, then it really shouldn’t be a sore point. It doesn’t matter to me if a Muslim thinks that I am an infidel. It doesn’t bother me because I am secure in my standing with Jesus. In the very core of my soul, I know that they are wrong in writing me off.

If you don’t believe in Jesus, but still get offended at the talk of hell, maybe it’s time to do some serious soul searching. I know it’s not a nice thing, but if it really is completely a thing born of myth and fiction, there is absolutely no reason to be upset. Perhaps you really don’t believe what you think you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment