Sunday, October 17, 2010

Artificial Intelligence

“Hey Kev. Do you know what a climax is?”

There was always some moron who knew the meaning of some sexual term or phrase who thought that he had discovered to key to supreme knowledge itself. I was in grade 7 and at that point in time, I didn’t know what he was talking about. It’s funny. That type of attitude was something that was supposed to have died in high school, but it doesn’t.

There are a lot of things I just assume that people ‘grow out of’, but I’m wrong. This is one of them. Now that I’ve openly taken my stand with Jesus, very few people ask me if I’m up on the latest disgusting sexual terms, but I still overhear the conversations between individuals who should have grown out of it. The people who have the inside scoop on the latest sexual terms, usually like to think that they are privy to some special kind of knowledge, much like my friend who knew what a climax was.

Now that I’ve been walking with Jesus for a while, I think if I ever get the opportunity, I’ll respond differently next time. You see, I know a lot of Biblical terms that many people in the general public are unaware of. The conversation might go something like this;

“Hey Kev. Do you know what a Chicago Steamer is?”

“No I don’t. Please tell me so that I might share in your special wisdom. But since we’re talking about definitions, do you know what Sanctification is?”

I wonder how that conversation will end.

How about you? Are you authentically impressed with this type of knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment