Sunday, January 22, 2012

Alien Love - Coming Jan 28, 2012

Praise God! My second published book entitled, Alien Love has finally landed for good. Thanks to my friends at Aylmer’s EMMC, the official launch will be held this Saturday, January 28th at Aylmer’s Old Town Hall at 6:30pm.

Just in case you are considering attending, I want to give you a little heads up as far as what you can expect to hear from me.

Sin

I don’t know why, but whenever I speak, I always talk about sin. Don’t hate me for it. Talk to The Once who lives in me and compels me in His service. But yeah. I’ll probably talk about sin. So if you have any sins that you really want to hold on to and want to make sure that I don’t deal with your particular brand of depravity, let me know. Of course, if you’re drawn to me, you probably wouldn’t be that forthcoming. Would you?

I mean, if you really want someone to help you to feel good about your dirt, there are any number of people in the world who could help you with that. If that describes you, might I recommend Lady Gaga, 50 Cent, Nickelback or Katy Perry?

I’m not trying to scare you off, but I don’t want you to come and be all surprised or anything.

Jesus

Maybe the sin stuff might be the part that catches our attention, either for good or for bad. However, it’s really all about Christ. It’s supposed to be His show. I didn’t write my book to make a name for myself or to supplement my income. I do what I do because I believe that Jesus is the Christ; the only true hope for humanity.

No. I didn’t say that Christianity is the hope. I didn’t say that the church is the hope. I said I believe firmly that Jesus is the answer to our greatest need. He gave His life up for me and it would be remiss of me were I not to acknowledge Him as He is.

It’s Not All About Me

Sure, this is my blog and my personal space, but the evening really isn’t all about me. Local musician Kayla Peters will also be there promoting her first CD. From what I can tell by following her on Facebook, she loves Jesus too. She will be leading us in song along with a few other gifted musicians from the Aylmer area.

Beyond that, it isn’t even about Kayla and I. The evening itself is really part of the EMMC’s regular Saturday evening worship services. They have been so kind to Kayla and myself that it would be wonderful if you would consider blessing them with your presence. If you’re looking for a church that loves the Lord and preaches the Word of God, I’d encourage you to check them out.

Whether you come or not, whether you buy a book or a CD, I pray that you know Christ personally. If you don’t, I hope you’ll consider Him as He is, for who He is.

In Christ;

Love Kevin

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you feel like I'm stalking you. Love Dave! Oh yeah ,just in case you are wondering I love Jesus and I'm saved by His Grace and His Shed Blood and Resurrection on that Old Rugged Cross.Please Pray that the Lord will teach me to love like He loves! I'm confessing my depravity to you Brother. Blessings to you and your family! Thank you lord Jesus for the free Gift! Have a great week Brother. We are called to be warriors. May God grant you boldness and courage. Greater is He that is in me , than he that is the World! Peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a lot like Dave Snelgrove to me. Praying for you. As I'm certain you are for me.
      Love Kevin

      Delete