Monday, January 9, 2012

Do or Die

I came into work this morning to find a sample of Consumer Report Canada. Maybe you’ve read and enjoyed some of their publications. Throughout the sampler, they give us many “Do’s and Don’ts”.

“Do: Get a top rated coffee-maker.

Don’t: Overpay $100 for a smart phone.”

All of the advice is apparently given by experts in their respective field. From my perspective, I found some of their automotive advice to be quite debatable, so I’m not sure why they paint it as if it’s a simple DO or DON”T. I’d speak on what I see as being questionable advice, but some of you might think that I’m the evil mechanic who is trying to steal your money.

Life is rarely black and white. If you send your kid to public school, he won’t necessarily turn out to be an effective evangelist. If you home school Johnny, he might not turn out to be the next Tim Tebow. Following the manufacturers recommended service interval isn’t always the surest way to prevent unwanted repairs. They seldom care what happens to your car after the warranty runs out. Here is my Consumer Report Do, and you probably won’t find it in their publications.

Do: Accept the consequences for your own choices.

Have a good night. Remember folks! – Sin is bad.

1 comment:

  1. That is why I never read consumer reports. If only it was as simple as to read a report written by someone else.

    ReplyDelete