Sunday, January 29, 2012

"How Did it Go?"

Without fail, every time I speak, people will ask me how it went. Also without fail, I never quite know how to respond.

Here is what I can say with certainty – I had my socks blessed off last night. I mean, right off! No socks. Thanks to many of my friends, last evening was the official launch for my second book entitled Alien Love. I would love to tell you that Alien Love is sweeping the nation, but to be completely forthcoming, interest in this one doesn’t seem to be as great as it was in my first work.

However, it really isn’t all about the book. I can only hope that the people there were as blessed as I was. I wish I could give you a picture of the evening as a whole, but all I can really offer is my own vantage point. As far as the message, I am confident I said the very things that I needed to say. Any more would have been overkill. Any less would have been negligent.

I FINALLY had the privilege of meeting some of the amazing people who serve on the music team at my church from St. Thomas. Which is rather ironic when I stand back to think of it. I had to go to Aylmer to meet people from my church. Weird. I hope they enjoyed their interaction with me as much as I did.

I walked away with a new CD from a young lady named Kayla Peters. Listening to her CD on the way to church this morning, I found myself wondering, “Would I have liked this CD if I had heard it when I was a teenager?”

If I could find her music online, I’d send you a link. Her style reminded me of the kind of music I listened to when I was beginning to grow facial hair, but the message is quite different. I was an earthling when I was in high school, so my taste reflected my citizenship. I guess Kayla isn’t the first female Canadian musician that I’ve enjoyed listening to. Lee Aaron would likely be the first.

During my message last evening, I made the statement saying, “This world is often really weird.” If you listened to Lee Aaron’s song, just think about it. We glorify acting like animals. Is that not bizarre? I suppose I find it strange now, but back in the day, I really couldn’t see it.

I am so encouraged to see another generation rising up to take their stand as followers of Christ. I want to name names, but I’ll forget someone and then I’ll feel really bad about it.

I believe that the evening was recorded. If I can get the recording, I’ll make it available here and likely on my Facebook page.

I am very thankful to everyone who came last evening and to everyone who played a part. Once again, I find myself deeper in your debt. If I never find a way to repay you, could you forgive me the indiscretion?

1 comment: