Monday, January 2, 2012

Who Is Your Enemy?

If you can overlook the fact that they advocate violence, widespread bloodshed and conjuring up the demons of your soul (which I am completely against), Green Day asks a very good question. Do you know your enemy?

Suppose that you are an unfaithful husband. If I called you an adulterer, how would you feel about that? What if you lie? How do you respond when people call you a liar? What is our gut response when we’re challenged about our sex life? How do we respond when people around us oppose our choices?

We rarely respond well to criticism, even if it is warranted.

Do you know your enemy?

I’ll be speaking on that on Jan 28th, either at Aylmer’s Old Town Hall or the AEMMC. When the location is confirmed, I’ll let you know.

If you want my opinion on Green Day’s song, I think they’re hypocrites. I really don’t believe they would like it if the violence they advocate were done against them. Perhaps I’ve misjudged them. Maybe they like being slaughtered.

I don’t think they know who their enemy is. Maybe they’ll come on Jan 28th to find out.

3 comments:

  1. I'd have to say the enemy is ourselves, our own flesh. If you have your launch at AEMMC, will it by chance get recorded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was asked a question the other day along these lines - if there is a disruptive person in your community group (say they have bad hygeine) - what can be done. My answer was - you have to tell the person the truth, as uncomfortable as that is. The unfortunate part is the other group members are running around, trying to find some other individual or organization to deal with this person, because they are afraid of confronting it themselves.

    I offered to do it for them but so far they have refused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one will never forget when you told me not to clip my nails in public. I know I retell the story often, but it's one of the many highlights of my life.

    I think you have a gift for telling things as they are without seeming condemning. Tell this orginization that Kevin thinks you 'da man.

    ReplyDelete