Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What I'm Up To

Last night I had supper with a good friend of mine and he said something that I’ve been thinking a lot about. He said, “It’s like, we’re friends, but I always find out things about you after the fact. I mean, I find out that you have spoken somewhere after it happens. I pick up our church’s magazine and find out that you’re in it.”

I’ve also had people ask me about how my next book is coming. It’s not that I’m intentionally secretive about my life. It just takes time and it’s not much fun writing about what I’m up to. Most likely, there are very few of you who care what I do, but for those that I do, here you go.


My Next Book – Love (As A Product)

I have technically finished writing the book for well over half a year now. I’m just having a very difficult time making any headway as I edit it. In hindsight, publishing The Edge of His Cloak was a cake walk. I’d say, more than that, it was a gift from God. It came together so much easier by comparison, which is weird considering that it was my first venture into the realm of publishing. One might think that now I’m a ‘seasoned veteran’ , that it might become a little easier. Nothing could be farther from the case.

This time around, I would like to do things a little differently. I want to make sure this piece is a little more precise as well. I also want to look at some different publishers this time; preferably something in Canada.

I’m hoping to have this one in print for next summer. That would be two years after the release of The Edge of His Cloak. I think that should be an acceptable timeline, considering the fact that I spend my days changing oil and spark plugs.


Teaching Opportunities.

I have been asked to speak again at the EMMC in Aylmer for Oct 23rd. They have a slightly different format that most other services I’ve been to. After the music and the message, they take time to sit down together and talk about what was said. I’ll be sharing from Galatians.
I’ll also be teaching men’s group on Oct 14th and 21st. If you want to come, you have to be a guy. Sorry girls. Yes. Jesus loves you and we love you, but it’s a guy thing. So if you’re a guy and you’d like to come, I’ll be speaking from the book of the Revelation of John.


Public Ministry

On Sept 21, I’ll be at the International Ploughing Match as a Gideon. I’ll be at the Gideon tent handing out New Testaments and engaging the public. If any of you are really good at random personal evangelism, you could go in my place and pretend to be me. I have to be honest, as much as I try, I’m not Ray Comfort. If you have evangelism all figured out, I’m serious, take my spot.


Stratford Festival

Tomorrow I’m taking my family to Stratford to watch Peter Pan at the Stratford Festival. I’m not a theatre guy, but I’m looking forward to the experience with my family. I am just so thankful to God for the privilege of sharing this life with my family. I enjoy my kids and my wife tremendously and am thankful for every moment that we’ve had together. They are rolling in the laneway right now.

Have a good night!

Love Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment