Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where are you going and why?

Quick poll….

An old friend of mine just lost his father yesterday, which reminds me of the brevity of life. I know I consistently operate in this arena, but seeing as eternity lasts a pretty long time, here I go again. While working at The Gideon display during the International Plowing Match, my partner asked some people this question.

“Where do you think you will end up when you die?”

Those who weren’t offended by the question tended to answer, “Heaven.”

In response, my co-worker asked one more question, “Why do you think you will end up in heaven?”

If you read my blog, you likely prefer to think that you’ll end up in heaven. Perhaps I’m wrong. Do hellbound individuals like Blue Collar Christianity? Assuming that you plan on going to heaven, how about it? Why do you think that you are going there?

And if you think that you’re going to hell and you want out, stay tuned for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment