Saturday, November 27, 2010

Can it be this simple?

You know, since becoming a believer, I have always believed the words of Jesus as found in the Gospel’s. Now I even have more reason to do so. You see, about two thousand years ago he said something like this;

23 “Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. 25 See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.
26 “So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it! 27 For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man[e] comes. 28 Just as the gathering of vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near.” Matthew 24

As Christians, we’re always looking for the Anti-Christ as if it’s kind of like a murder mystery where we need to look at clues and ask ourselves, “Is this the guy?” Jesus told us that other people would come claiming to be the Messiah, but we are often looking, not for AN anti-Christ, but THE anti-Christ.

There have been people throughout the ages who have been against Christ, but a friend of mine sent me an interesting video this morning of a guy who claims to be the other Jesus.

I’ve got to admit, I never anticipated THE anti-Christ to be so
forthcoming. I mean, we’re told that his number would be 666, (Rev 13:17-18) but I always figured that it would be some kind of riddle that we would have to figure out. Apparently he does some sort of miracle work, like we were told. He even proudly carries the whole 666 number.

What do you think? Do you think that he is THE anti-Christ or just one among many? Part of me wants this to be the guy. I mean, if the scriptures have made it this painfully obvious, that’s a glory halleluiah moment. How wonderful it would be if the lines really have been made this perfectly clear. It can’t be that simple can it? He isn’t even pretending to be the same Jesus. That would at least leave room for some guess work, but he has set himself against Jesus Christ. I guess that’s the point though isn’t it? He wouldn’t be much of an anti-Christ if he was pretending to play on the same team.

There are two possibilities; either he is The anti-Christ or one of many. If this is the man, then our world will find its conclusion within his lifetime. If that’s the case, I guess I don’t have to worry about growing old since he looks like he has a few years on me. If he’s just one among many, I guess the search continues. Obama anyone?

The guy says that Jesus isn’t coming back on the clouds like He told us. I don’t know about you, but if Jesus had this guy pegged nearly 2000 years ago, I’m going with Jesus of Nazareth. My weatherman can’t even accurately predict the rain for the next day. If Jesus of Nazareth could see 2000 years ahead, that’s the Jesus I’m sticking with.

If you have your doubts about the Jesus who died on the cross for your sins, don’t you ever wonder why there aren’t any alternative Muhammads? Don’t you ever wonder why you can visit the final resting place of every other major world leader, but the Man who divided history can’t be found? Don't you notice how people complain about televangelists who ask for money, but this guy isn't accused of fleecing people whatsoever. It's almost as if his financial success is portrayed as a good thing. Don't you see anything odd here?

I’m not here to convince you. You’ll meet the ultimate end of your choosing. Choose well.

1 comment:

  1. Some people really make you wonder. It's disgusting to see somebody make such claims and it's sad that people are actually being deceived by it.

    ReplyDelete