Monday, November 8, 2010

One Song

Revelation 5:13-14 (New Living Translation)

13 And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:

“Blessing and honor and glory and power
belong to the one sitting on the throne
and to the Lamb forever and ever.”

14 And the four living beings said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the Lamb
.

We're going through Revelation right now in our men's group on Thursday nights. This has been one part which has remained with me. We get a glimpse of heaven and earth. Every creature in heaven, every creature on earth, every creature under the earth and every creature in the sea are joined together singing one song.

I often get frustrated, as I'm sure many of you do, that the church on earth is as fractured as it is. We are anything but unified. I look forward to the day when this is no longer the case. I look forward to the day when we no longer fight over which song to sing, which holiday to celebrate and whether or not Obama is the antichrist. I look forward to the time when our own personal convitions are all brought in line with the will of the Father. I look forward to the day when my fellow unchurched believers stand beside me, and I with them.

In the meantime, we're stuck with a sectarian church. I'll be posting a cute/offensive video on how to find a church of your own.

Come Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. What is even more disheartening to me is listening to persons of "strong church convictions" defend why the church is fractured.

    ReplyDelete